This course is designed to enable delegates to explore how to support pupils to be able to recall multiplication facts, rapidly and efficiently. Delivered by Lorraine Woollven and will look closely at how:
- to build conceptual understanding of the facts we want them to learn;
- to build relational understanding e.g seeing the link between 4 x 5 and 40 x 50;
- to build an understanding of the structure of the operations e.g. 3 x 10 is the same as 10 + 10 + 10;
- to build mental fluency alongside mathematical reasoning;
- manipulatives can be used to support these understandings.
Venue: The BEACH, Bournville Primary School,Weston-super-Mare, BS23 3ST