Through professional dialogue, networking and gap tasks, delegates will be able to explore ‘all things teaching’, reflect upon their own practice and continue to develop as an expert teacher.
This three-day pedagogy and metacognition network aims to give classroom practitioners the time and space to:
- explore the elements of effective teaching
- consider how teaching metacognitive strategies can make better learners
- engage with evidence-based practice
- consider what cognitive science is telling us
- consider the repertoire of teaching strategies
Colleagues can explore powerful knowledge, deliberate practice, interleaving, cognitive load, pedagogical subject knowledge, memory retrieval, responsive teaching.
Delivered by Kerri McArdle
Date: 13 October, 27 November 2020 and 20 January 2021 Time: 9.30am-3.30pm
Venue: The BEACH Teaching School, Bournville Primary, Weston-super-Mare