Specialist Leaders of Education are excellent middle and senior leaders who have the skills to support individuals or teams in similar positions in other schools through peer-to-peer learning.
The role recognises that senior and middle leaders play an important role in improving schools and outcomes for children.
All areas of specialism required including Geography, History, Art, English, Maths, PSHE, Assessment, Early Years, IT, Pupil Premium, Intervention, SEN.
SLE training comprises two parts:
Core training day
This provides you with essential information about the role and will equip you with the tools and techniques for effective school-to-school support. It also gives you the opportunity to network with other SLEs.
Two optional enrichment sessions:
You are given the opportunity to select two sessions from a choice of four two-hour sessions:
- Leading and managing organisations – share good practice and develop a plan to improve system leadership in your own school.
- Developing your leadership potential and capacity – how to choose the right leadership style to support others and deal with resistance effectively.
- Leading teaching and learning – providing the leadership of excellent teaching and learning throughout your organisation.
- Ensuring wellbeing of self and others – Strategy for good time management and supporting others.
Recruitment of Specialist Leaders of Education at The Beach TSA
The Beach National Teaching School Alliance, based at Bournville Primary, is accepting expressions of interest from teachers wishing to become Specialist Leaders of Education. SLEs will be deployed through teaching schools to provide:
- School to School support
- Leadership development
- Bespoke packages of support.
SLE work will take place alongside that which they are involved with in their current school. When required, SLEs are commissioned by teaching schools. This is done through negotiation with their current school and should be viewed as an excellent CPD opportunity which should benefit practitioner and home school alike.
This role is ideal for those who feel a moral imperative to support others and wish to develop laterally within their chosen specialist areas. SLEs are outstanding subject middle and senior leaders in positions below the headteacher, with at least two years’ leadership experience.